This is an exciting evening for parents to learn about the curriculum and grade level expectations for the upcoming school year. The schedule for that evening is below.
Starting October 7th, students have the option to enjoy Mac ‘n’ Cheese each Monday. Order forms and information will be coming home soon! Please send back the order form no later than 9.26.19.
Again this school year we are excited to announce that we will be offering clubs at Fairview. Clubs are a great opportunity for your child to be involved in an extra-curricular activity. We will be sending home a brochure about clubs including meeting dates and a description of each club offered. We are encouraging every student to join at least one club. Help us reach our goal!
Below you will find the MAP schedule for this fall. Testing will take place from August 26-September 13. If your child is absent on their testing day, they will be tested sometime before September 13th.
- Students who walk or get driven to school, can enter the building through the front doors. There will be staff directing our kindergartners on where to go. If students are riding the bus, these students will also be directed by staff members on where to go.
- After dropping off your child, please head to the gym to join the BooHoo Breakfast. The breakfast is from 8:40 – 9:30. You will be getting invitations and more details from the PTA the week of August 12.
- If you are not able to attend school supply drop off, you can bring your child’s school supplies to their screening or send the supplies with them on the first day of school.
When students arrive on the first day of school, all of Fairview staff will be outside to greet them and help students if they have questions on where to go.
- On the first day of school, teachers will be outside with signs waiting for their students. Grades 1-2 and 3-4 will be on the blacktop on the east side of the building, near the playground. Grade 5-6 will be on the west side of the building in the grassy area. You are welcome to walk with your children to find their teachers, but we will also have staff members available to assist them. In case of inclement weather, teachers will wait outside their classroom and all children will enter through the front doors. Families will say good-bye before the children enter the building; staff members will be available to assist the children.
- School hours are 8:40 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. with the first bell ringing at 8:25. Please note: beginning Wednesday, August 21, every Wednesday is designated for staff development. Students are dismissed 30 minutes early at 2:30 p.m. Please call our attendance line by 9:00am with any absences each day 847-357-5702.
- We start the drop off routine on the second day of school to form good habits. We ask that you say good-bye to your child at the school doors. We ask that only students enter the building – even on the first day of school. Staff members will be on hand to escort any children that are unsure of where to go. Staff members will be on hand the entire first week. For special events or office business, parents are welcome to be buzzed in at the main entrance to sign into the office and get a visitor’s pass.
This is an exciting evening for parents and students to meet their teacher, drop off supplies, and get to know each other!
- School Supply Drop-off from 3:30-5:00
- If you ordered a supply kit, please pick it up in the gym and you can bring it to your child’s classroom.
- PTA will have a picnic outdoors from 5:00-6:30
- If you are not able to attend School supply drop off, you can send your child with their supplies on the first day of school.
The Fairview office will be open this week from 8:00AM-3:00PM each day until August 16. Beginning August 19 the office will be open from 7:30AM-4:00PM. Please note, the office will be closed on Thursday, August 15 from 8:00AM-1:00PM as the staff will be participating in a professional development opportunity to better serve our students. The office will be open during regular hours on Friday, August 16.
We would like to take a moment to welcome our newest Falcons:
- Ms. Danielle Downey – Kindergarten Teacher
- Ms. Lauren Ducey – 3/4 Teacher
- Ms. Abby Spiwak – 5/6 Teacher
- Ms. Jenny Green – Special Services Teacher
- Ms. Kelly George – Learning Resource Assistant
While it seems like our summers just began, our staff has been taking the last few months to relax and reenergize by travelling, spending time with our friends and/or families, or just by putting our feet up.