Fairview’s office is closed until the afternoon of August 4, 2017. If you need to register your child or turn in proof of residency paperwork, please visit the Professional Learning Center located at 522 E. Schaumburg Road in Schaumburg. Enter through door C1. Summer registration is available from June 20 until July 27 on Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 9:00AM until 7:00PM and on Thursdays from 7:30AM until 3:00PM. Please click on the following link to read more about registration. https://sd54.org/resources/registration/
Happy Summer! Click on the link below to view the school supply lists for the 2017-18 school year.
Second notices were mailed home last week to families who haven’t completed registration for their children for next year. All students must be registered. Students who are not registered by June 1 will be removed from class lists until registration is completed. All District 54 families are required to prove residency annually at the time of registration. For a list of documents needed to fulfill residency requirements, please click here. All documentation provided must be current, valid for 2017-2018, and reflect name and address within the boundaries of District 54.
Students who ordered a yearbook will receive them on Thursday, May 25. The PTA will have extra yearbooks to sell on Friday, May 26. If you’d like a yearbook, please send $19.00 or a check for $19.00 made out to Fairview PTA in a sealed envelope with your child’s name and YEARBOOK on the front of the envelope.
Here are a few highlights for this week at Fairview:
- On Monday, the PTA is providing a special assembly! Mark Anderson from Andertoons will teach our students how to draw cartoons using letters, numbers, lines, and shapes. The assembly will be interactive with all students participating.
- Our patrols will have their end-of-the-year celebration on Monday. They will volunteer at Feed My Starving Children in the morning and enjoy lunch together when they return.
- On Tuesday, if you’re not busy in the morning, stop by Olympic Park at the corner of Schaumburg Road and Martingale Road to watch our Rocketry Club launch their rockets. This is a district-sponsored event with several other schools launching rockets in the morning, as well. Our rockets will be launched between 9:00-10:30a.m.
- On Wednesday evening, School Resource Officer Kowal is presenting Stay Safe Online for parents/guardians with their fifth or sixth grade student at 6:30p.m. in Fairview’s gym. A separate reminder will go to families of fifth and sixth graders next week.
- On Thursday afternoon, our kindergarteners will give a Reader’s Theatre performance for their families at 1:45p.m.
The kindergarten classrooms have an announcement – the chicks have arrived! The chicks started pipping (using their beaks to break through their shells) on Wednesday and Thursday, and before we knew it, the newly-hatched chicks were resting on their broken eggshells. They’re now cute and fluffy, and well-cared for by our teachers and kindergartners! The boys and girls are so excited to share what they know about the life cycle of a chicken!
May 17 – PTA Meeting for Volunteer Recognition, Fairview’s library, 7:00p.m.
May 22 – Cultural Arts Assembly (in school)
May 29 – No School, Memorial Day observed
May 31 – Sixth Grade Sendoff (must have a ticket to attend)
Jun 1 – Field Day and Last Day of School
We are launching a new online report card for the third trimester. Everyone who has a portal account will be able to see their children’s report cards online by June 5, whereas the hard copies won’t be mailed until June 14. All parents and guardians who have not previously created a portal account, but have supplied District 54 with an email address, should have received an email the first week of April, with a direct link to sign up for the portal. If you did not receive an email but would like to create a portal account, please contact our office at 847-357-5700.
Fairview was invaded with many friends and family who came in and shared their careers with the students. A private investigator, engineer, police officer and Environmental Safety Manager with the Chicago Cubs were some of the jobs represented at our Career Fair. Thank you to Mr. Scheid and all his helpers who made the day a success!
The 1st and 2nd graders showed their beautiful singing voices during their music program yesterday in school performances and for their parents in the evening. Great job, Miss Becker and 1st and 2nd graders!